Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 35: I could just dye!

I tried my first natural dyeing project today. :) I dyed a little piece of muslin in some coffee, just to see what it would look like. I'm pretty happy with the results all together.

Pot of coffee anyone? :)


It was a little hard to tell the difference from my before and after pictures due to the not-so-exquisite lighting in my bathroom, so I did a comparison:


I didn't think the change was so dramatic until I matched it up against the original. I'm hoping I can veer away from the chemical dyes when I color fabric for my Sweetie Wraps. 1) It's rubbing up against your clothes and your baby and 2) this is just more fun! (....and has a less chance of ruining my kitchen floor if I spill). I've got lots of other ideas to try, so I'm hoping they turn out as well as this one did. I'll be sure to post pics when I actually implement this into some of my projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment