Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 37: Unexpected Success!

I've continued playing with the natural dyeing process and we've had a bit of a surprise. I didn't have near the amount of grape juice that I thought I needed, so I simmered it for an hour, turned off the heat and just let it set overnight. I ended up getting this really cool mauve/ rose color… from grape juice!! I thought this was very cool. :) Here's a picture of the almost-end product (it's not dry yet, so the end color isn't totally certain).

On other fronts, I'm starting to take steps to actually make my ideas a business! I've never done anything like this before, so it's a little nerve-wracking, but my father-in-law said something that made me feel better (like he usually does):

"Any ol' dummy can run a business, and even keep one open for a long time. You've worked for a couple. You'll be just fine."

I'm very blessed to have such good parents and in-laws. :)

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! Is this a wrap or going to be something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It's a wrap. :) It's the one I've been wearing with her lately. I really like the color! The next experiments are going to be beets and blueberries :)

      Delete