Saturday, October 26, 2013

With a heavy and happy heart

I greet you all with a heavy and happy heart. Today is the day of 2 funerals of friends who have passed away after struggles with cancer, one in Colorado that my parents will be attending and one here in Virginia that we'll be going to. Both of these people were wonderful, strong, faith-filled and had wonderful laughs. :) Fortunately, knowing these two people were a brother and sister in the Lord, this is more of a "See you later" ceremony rather than a "Good-bye". Neither of them are in pain any longer, but left behind spouses, children and one also had grandchildren.

Memorials are never easy, they shouldn't be, but they are good. More and more I'm realizing that the "good" thing is rarely easy. Memorials bring us together, allow us to grieve, cry, laugh and remember our cherished ones together.

But you know most of this already. What you don't know... is why I have a happy heart. :) I have a very happy heart because my brother and sister-in-law welcomed the newest edition to their family yesterday!! I'm an AUNTIE!!!!!!! Again!! :) And I'm absolutely over the moon about it. :)


She had a very smooth and easy labor, which was a big answer to prayer, especially since sweet Bella was over 10 lbs!! :) I'm so excited for them and the rest of their kiddos!

So today my heart is heavy, but also bubbling over. Lots of answered prayers have revealed themselves very differently over this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment