Monday, November 18, 2013

C25K - Day Three!

Week 1 is in the books! We are 1/6 in the way to our goal, although it doesn't feel like it right now. When I get winded and my muscles tighten up after 60 seconds of jogging, it's hard to believe that I'll eventually be able to run for any length of time at all. But we keep sticking with it!  Today the little one was napping at home so it was just my toddler and me. This proved to be a bit of a challenge since the jogging stroller is a double. Fortunately, an old box of journals weighs about as much as my littlest. (I knew those would come in handy for something....) I'm sure I got some funny looks! I told Neva to get her finger OUT of her nose which caused get to only dig deeper for the gold.... always so classy...

Tonight, both girls and I went for a little walk (just over a mile roundtrip) to grab a bit for dinner. They're getting used to the jogging stroller and I think really enjoy being side by side. Neva had her arm around Esther for part of our walk. :)  My calves are both a little sore and tight but trying to drink water and stretch. The next step will be to start eating well enough for any of this exercise to matter. One step at a time.... :)


Neva and I stopped to admire the view of the ocean and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel for a minute before getting back to it. She was also able to choose whether we turned out kept going straight on our route, which she enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment